The rules to observe in the Ardèche river Gorges nature reserve
The Ardèche is a class II river, meaning that it is without any major difficulties, but the following safety information should be respected so that your trip goes off without a hitch.
- Participants should know how to swim and be over the age of seven.
- Never remove your lifejacket, which must be attached to the canoe/kayak.
Respect the nature reserve.
- Bring your rubbish back to the start-off point.
- Rough camping is banned. Camping is only authorised in the pay-to-stay bivouac areas (Gaud and Gournier).
- Access to boats is banned after 6pm in the Ardèche Gorges Nature Reserve.
- Parking outside of the authorised areas between 8pm and 6am is prohibited.
- Sailing by night is prohibited.